The Research Center for Ecology and Environment of Central Asia (Dushanbe) was established in accordance with the Agreement on Scientific Cooperation between the National Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan and the Chinese Academy of Sciences, which was signed on September 13, 2014 and officially began research activities on April 1, 2017.
The main goal of the Center: to facilitate research in the field of ecology and environmental protection, to conduct fundamental and applied scientific research in the field of natural sciences, to prepare highly qualified scientific specialists through studies at the master's, postgraduate, doctoral and targeted internships.
The Center conducts research activities in cooperation with scientific institutions of the National Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan and the Chinese Academy of Sciences
MAIN DIRECTIONS OF THE CENTER'S RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
Conducting fundamental and scientific-practical research in the field of:
- ecology and environmental protection;
- biodiversity and natural resources;
- geology and minerals;
- glaciology, hydrology and meteorology;
- disaster risk monitoring,
- the impact of climate change on ecosystems,
- crop pest monitoring;
- application of modern methods of remote sensing of the Earth, GIS technologies and unmanned aerial vehicles in scientific research,
- implementation of innovative projects,
- implementation of innovative technologies and modern equipment in scientific research.